Forum Flyers Chit Chat Thread

Forum Flyers Chit Chat Thread

Post by Steve G on 09 Feb 2006, 20:36

New thread for Forum Flyers, post your news, tips, training, love life, anything you fancy, as long as it's legal :lol: We are the newest team afloat, just one month since rebirth.

We were originally formed in 2001 on the old style US Forum.
Of the original Flyers we still have Steve G, Paul Flack, Dave Parkinson, Rick Bayko, and Jim Barry.

Are membership is from the USA, GB, New Zealand, Australia, and the Netherlands. We have all abilities from beginners to CRASH B hammer winners and numerous BIRC medallists.
We are all non elitist and welcome everybody.

New members welcome, teams are currently 7th, 10th and 13th in the Cross Team Challenge.
New members contact me at stgreen AT ntlworld DOT com.
Look forward to you posts.

Captain Steve G.
Steve G

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Forum Flyers Chit Chat Thread

Post by Citroen on 09 Feb 2006, 20:59

Steve G wrote:We are all non-elitist and welcome everybody.

What, even JR? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Citroen
Forum Moderator

Re: Forum Flyers Chit Chat Thread

Post by GeorgeD on 09 Feb 2006, 21:14

Citroen wrote:
Steve G wrote:We are all non-elitist and welcome everybody.

What, even JR? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If JR wanted to participate and compete in the CTC as a 'team member' with all the benefits and responsibilities that implies then he is welcome from me.

The thing I like about our team as Steve says we are competitive but supportive, we all want to do well for ourselves and each other .

We are a crew, who now have a home Yahooooo :D

George
GeorgeD

Post by Johnny S on 09 Feb 2006, 21:17

Hi Flyers

I think I'v solved the sliding backside problem during the mental 300's. All it took was one shower mat, a pair of sissors and a good excuse for the wife.

This contributed to to my best time so far of 51.5 which I was dissapointed with because I died during the last 100.

Well done to everyone who have improved their times.

Cheers

John :D :D :D
Johnny S

Blog: View Blog (6)

Post by Jef. on 09 Feb 2006, 21:28

I like it. if it means I can go faster then out mat dies tonight ! :twisted:
Jef.

Post by chrisdavis on 09 Feb 2006, 21:50

Johnny S wrote:I think I'v solved the sliding backside problem during the mental 300's. All it took was one shower mat, a pair of sissors and a good excuse for the wife.

We should start a support group. "Hi my name is Chris, and my arse slides when I row..."

You may have just saved my life with the shower mat tip - nice one :wink:

CD.
Thirty Seventeen, 6ft, 85kg.
chrisdavis

Blog: View Blog (237)

Post by Daren on 09 Feb 2006, 22:11

I solved my sliding problems with some 2x4, a saw, a hammer and some shims. Wedged the erg between the walls. Hurrah.
Daren - 42, short, slow, HWT =/ - Taff Attack Racing Team
CTC - Sig Image Generator - Beware geeks bearing GIFs.
Feb 2007 TAR Race of Pain Champion
Daren

Blog: View Blog (101)

Post by Hennie on 09 Feb 2006, 22:49

Nice to have a FF thread with so much valuable information already.

I just sit on my erg seat and stay there till I'm ready with the row. It works for me :D

Go FF go!!

Hennie :evil:
Hennie

Blog: View Blog (698)

Forum Flyers Rock!!

Post by languagelady on 10 Feb 2006, 00:36

Anne and Jenny keep up the good "female power" work!!

The rest: thanks for all the helpful tips, and George, you are a maniac on that machine!!

:) Beth
languagelady

Post by anneohio on 10 Feb 2006, 01:11

Beth, I am keeping the female seat in Boat 2 warm until you finish that 2K.....good luck! The day I can row fast enough to get the erg to move will be the ultimate victory for me. :P :P Our gym has rubberized floors, but I don't think that is a good enough excuse!
Rock and row on!
Anne
Anne 5'11" 150 lbs. age 55
2006-2007 : 2K 7:57.9 5K-21:07.9 10K 44:32.9 60min 13,431m
anneohio

Blog: View Blog (24)
Sex: Female

Post by Hennie on 10 Feb 2006, 13:25

Today 300M :arrow: 52,2 (0,2 faster :roll: ) But we have still a lot of days to go :D :D

Hennie
Hennie

Blog: View Blog (698)

Boat 4!!! Aren't WE getting popular???

Post by languagelady on 10 Feb 2006, 14:00

Though a lonely place to be...it's great that we have 4 boats now!! Everyone wants a piece of our action!!

Anne--you're sweet, but...not so sure about your prediction. This sprinting stuff, I don't know...

I have my erg up on the second floor of my cape cod house (slanted ceilings,) so I really appreciate all the warnings!!

Just in time for the Baltimore Burn--guess what Baltimore weather is calling for tomorrow ALL DAY?!?!?! Up to 10 inches of snow. Now those of you who live in NORMAL cities will think, "oh well, no big deal," but HA! you're wrong. Here, the entire city will shut down--every store will be out of milk and bread by 4:00 this afternoon, I kid you not. Sometimes, only sometimes, will there be canned food still left on the shelves. Having lived in Germany, London and Chicago, the whole attitude toward snow is hysterical! (ok 10 inches is a bit much, but...) we've had school closing because of the possibility of snow and the day ends up being beautiful!

Anyhow, enough of that rant. Wonder what they'll do for the Burn? I made all of the T-shirts and they say "February 11, 2006" on them

I have to say I have been obsessing over: "should I go out at a 1:54? Or a 1:53, if I go at a 1:54, there's a chance it'll slip into a 1:55, but if I go out at a 1:53..." and SO ON and so forth at 2:00 in the morning!!! I just have to beat my PB--I've been training for 3 months for this thing. Noone has ever accused rowers of being on the OCD side of normal!

Anyhow, keep up the good work all, and welcome to the new members!

Tom, it's up to you and me, Babe...let's mosey on up to at least 3 boat...(no harm intended to you all, of course :lol: )

Beth :shock: (Ok, so I wanted this emotocon to go up after the t-shirt bit, but it went down here--how do I make sure it goes where I want it? In the meantime, you will just have to imagine it is in its intended location :)
languagelady

Post by Steve G on 10 Feb 2006, 14:01

Good one Hennie, secures our boat 2 in tenth place.
We may have 2 more members soon, creates good competition in those boats.

Steve
Steve G

Re: Boat 4!!! Aren't WE getting popular???

Post by Steve G on 10 Feb 2006, 14:04

languagelady wrote:Just in time for the Baltimore Burn--guess what Baltimore weather is calling for tomorrow ALL DAY?!?!?! Up to 10 inches of snow. Now those of you who live in NORMAL cities will think, "oh well, no big deal," but HA! you're wrong. Here, the entire city will shut down--every store will be out of milk and bread by 4:00 this afternoon, I kid you not. Sometimes, only sometimes, will there be canned food still left on the shelves. Having lived in Germany, London and Chicago, the whole attitude toward snow is hysterical! (ok 10 inches is a bit much, but...) we've had school closing because of the possibility of snow and the day ends up being beautiful!

Beth
Do you think Ranger will get through to Baltimore for his competition this weekend, will you be watching?
Steve
Steve G

Post by hjs on 10 Feb 2006, 14:39

hello everbody,

I just joined the FF. Almost everbody seems to be a member of one off the teams so i thought i join in.

yesterday erged the 300 in 48 flat. just not unther 1.20 splits. rate 43 drag 127. Low :D

Couldn,t hold it in the last 50 meters. And now feel it in my back so think this is it for me. Maybe I will give it another try end off the month but my focus is more on the longer stuff at the moment.
Father time on top www.fitvandaag.com
hjs

Blog: View Blog (832)

Return to Teams and Clubs Forum